bachelor of pharmacy
Course : B.PHARM (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
Course Duration : 4 Years
Affiliation : RK University
Approved by : All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi & Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
Intake : 60
The course is of four year duration, after completion of which RK University awards a degree of Bachelor of Pharmacy. The primary focus of the course is to provide an integrated curriculum to prepare students for the practice of pharmacy. The fee for the course may be revised as and when applicable. In its endeavor to achieve its objectives and to provide quality education, the institute has a highly qualified and experienced full time academic faculty. Pharmacy is a health care profession that addresses all aspects of Pharmaco-medical treatment of all kind of diseases. The pharmacist plays a key role in management of all the disease and helps to restore the normal life style of patient. This course is affiliated to RK University and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
B. PHARM. is a 4 year program. After completion of the study program the graduates are eligible to apply for registration as a Pharmacist. The program is supported with specialist teaching facilities and labs equipped with all required equipment.
Some of the subjects covered during the course of study include Human Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical analysis, Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmaceutical chemistry, Microbiology, etc.
- Instrumentation training.
- Training in hospital pharmacy and retail pharmacy.
- Communication skills seminar along with mock interviews and group discussion.
- Training & Placement oriented MoU with: Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission, Gandhinagar; Aum Research Laboratories, Gandhinagar; SynZeal Research Solutions, Ahmedabad; Manas CRO, Baroda; Autus Labs, Rajkot; Relife Pvt. Ltd., Rajkot; Jalaram Hospital, Rajkot; Gokul Hospital, Rajkot; Madhuram Hospital, Rajkot.
- Coaching for competitive exams from 5th sem. B. Pharm.
- ‘Drug & Disease Information Centre’ for spreading awareness regarding diseases and their medication, including the publication of monthly Pharma Health Club Newsletter.
- Largest animal house and herbal garden of Gujarat provides plant material and pre-clinical research services.
- Instrumentation facilities provided to research scholars of Chemistry (Analytical and Medicinal) and Pharmaceutics.
- Frequent guest lectures by experts of pharmaceutical industry, hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, entrepreneurs, MBA, pharmaceutical marketing and Govt sector.
- Concrete efforts for placement.
- Participation in medical camps & community service.
- World Pharmacists Day celebrations with activities centered around Pharmacy profession.
- Annual industrial visits.
- Annual Alumni Meet.
- Facility access from 8am to 5pm.
- Active learning techniques to make students’ learning easy and engrossing.
- A unique Mentor system is developed to guide and help all students. A faculty member personally takes care of students through regular meetings.
- Study material is uploaded on University intranet for ready reference in all subjects.
- Question Bank is provided for practice and preparation of examinations.
- Lectures are delivered in an audio-visual mode with LCD projectors.
- Detailed lecture notes in easy language are given to students.
- Research projects in B. Pharm.