STUDENT PARTICIPATION IN WELLNESS CAMP, RAJKOT - 2019
Posted on March 26th, 2019 @ 12:11pm
Since last 5 years, students of School of Pharmacy, RK University, have been participating in Youth Wellness Camps organized by Yuva Pragati, USA, in association with Sister Nivedita Foundation. This not only brings the Pharmacy students, who are an indispensable link in the healthcare system, closer to their working environment and the patients, but also trains them in all duties & responsibilities of a Pharmacist.
INTRODUCTION OF THE CAMP
YOUTH WELLNESS CAMP was preliminary formed in 2007 with basic idea to provide healthy, hygienic and adequate environment and lifestyle to students of rural India.
- Facilitator: Yuva Pragati, Inc. Cliffside park, NJ
- Camp location: Rural India
- Targets: Village schools
- Activities: Education + wellness + hygiene + primary healthcare
- Operators: Volunteers + Doctors + Pharmacist +Dentists
- Beneficiaries: 27,000+ healthy happy children so far.
- Main founder: Jayant shroff
- Website: www.youthwellnesscamp.com
OBJECTIVE & MOTTO OF THE CAMP
- To create awareness about the toxic things like tobacco and smoking to the childrenâ€™s.
- To increase the learning ability and physical strength of the childrenâ€™s by providing hygienic and developmental surrounding.
- To provide basic day to day requirement(e.g. Bed, Water facility) to economically lacking school authority.
- To improve the lives and overall wellness of impoverished children in India with a focus on providing basic and sustained resources for childrenâ€™s development and future success.
LOCATION OF CAMP
- Day-1 (28th January 2019) - Vangadhra (Jasdan)
- Day-2 (29th January 2019) -Sapar (Chotila)
- Day-3 (30th January 2019) -Kalasar (Ahmedabad highway)
- Day-4(31st January 2019) - Bogharavader (Jasdan)
- Day-5(1st February 2019) - Kuvadava
DUTIES OF STUDENT PHARMACIST VOLUNTEERS
- Initial Purchase order as per last year records and consumptions.
- Checking the accurate medicine physically after arrival.
- Check out expiry dating. (FIFO)
- Guide all the children for their respected medicine course.
- Labelling of all medicine and write down instruction over the label manually.
- At the end of the day count the stock and place another order for next day.
- Pharmacist should be aware about each and every medicine, their mechanism of action, adverse reaction and effects, dose calculation, amount of dose as per IP, duration of general therapy, trade names, contents etc.
- Also aware about some surgical items, how to dressing open wounds, how to treat asthmatic patients and how to instruct them about use of inhalers, and pumps.
- General English communication. Because all doctors are not able to speak in Guajarati.
- Increased health of the students of rural area.
- Decrease in diseases and also decrease in school drop out number due to lack of health.
- Increase in health education awareness that further leads to development of good and healthy mindset and physical wellbeing of students.