STUDENT PARTICIPATION IN WELLNESS CAMP, BARDOLI - 2019
Posted on March 27th, 2019 @ 01:26pm
This particular wellness camp was organized by Halpati Seva Sangh, Bardoli, Surat District; Adivasi Sanskar Mandal, Gandevi, Navsari District & Yuva Pragati Foundation, New Jersey, USA. This was the second medical camp in 2019 in which students of School of Pharmacy, RK University, participated. The team was led by students Ms. Urvisha Rathod and Mr. Rajesh Devani. Since last 5 years, students of School of Pharmacy, RK University, have been participating in Youth Wellness Camps organized by Yuva Pragati, USA.
OBJECTIVE & MOTTO OF THE CAMP
- To create awareness about the toxic things like tobacco and smoking to the childrens.
- To increase the learning ability and physical strength of the childrens by providing hygienic and developmental surrounding.
- To provide basic day to day requirement(e.g. Bed, Water facility) to economically lacking school authority.
- To improve the lives and overall wellness of impoverished children in India with a focus on providing basic and sustained resources for childrens development and future success;
DUTIES OF STUDENT PHARMACIST VOLUNTEERS
- Initial Purchase order as per last year records and consumptions.
- Checking the accurate medicine physically after arrival.
- Check out expiry dating. (FIFO)
- Guide all the children for their respected medicine course.
- Labelling of all medicine and write down instruction over the label manually.
- At the end of the day count the stock and place another order for next day.
- Pharmacist should be aware about each and every medicine, their mechanism of action, adverse reaction and effects, dose calculation, amount of dose as per IP, duration of general therapy, trade names, contents etc.
- Also aware about some surgical items, how to dressing open wounds, how to treat asthmatic patients and how to instruct them about use of inhalers, and pumps.
- General English communication. Because all doctors are not able to speak in Guajarati.
- Increased health of the students of rural area of Bardoli.
- Increase in health education awareness that further leads to development of good and healthy mindset and physical wellbeing of students. This is crucial in tribal areas of South Gujarat.