Monsoon Ailments Awareness @ Rajkot by Members of Pharma Health Club
Posted on October 9th, 2019 @ 03:46am
Pharma Health Club is an official SOAC Club of School of Pharmacy under which the students perform various activities for betterment of health and wellness of people.
Following are the details about the recent activity carried out by Pharma Health Club as a part of Celebration of World Pharmacists Day.
1. Objective of the Program
• To spread the awareness among society about Monsoon ailments like Dengue, Chikungunya, Malaria, Gastric upset, Dysentery etc.
• To spread awareness about Swine flu.
• To establish professional values among community and other professionals.
2. Brief description of the program
• The event was started at 06:00 AM on 25th September, 2019 at Kishanpara Circle, Rajkot in association with all other Pharmacy Institute of Saurashtra Region. This was just second time in Rajkot when all the institutes came ahead to establish professional values among society.
• Core part of event was spreading the awareness about various diseases observed during Monsoon like Malaria, Dysentery, Swine flu, Dengue, Chickungunya, Gastric upset, etc. Along with these, students also distributed important herbal species which are very much useful in treatment of Monsoon ailments & the herbs were Nagod (useful as Pain killer), Vasaka (useful as expectaront) & Galo (useful as immunomodulator). Herbs were collected from Medicinal Garden of School of Pharmacy, RK University.
• Various Pharmacy Institute came with different ideas like BMI Measurement, Blood pressure measurement, Blood grouping, etc. Overall it was a drive intended to spread awareness about Pharmacy profession among society.
3. Outcomes of the program
• Awareness related various diseases were spread among society;
• Students learn about communication skills, improved their understanding, explaination power and technique, more importantly realize about their responsibility towards society and own profession.